Thursday, March 12, 2009

chapter 7

I beleive that everything you do has a consequence or an effect, could be good or bad. This is exactly why in both Europe and the United States during the nineteenth century, the growth of markets and industry sparked up countermovements of protest, reform, and public regulation. They all attempted to control the unsettling effects of economic upheaval. Everyone doesnt agree on everything because everyone is different. So the outcome from the growth of markets did not surprise me, but what did surprise me is the fact that immigration to theUnited States was limited. I guess there was too much goin on at the time, but then there was increase after the civil war. That was the part in this chapter that stood out to me the most and thats because I can relate to the topic of immigration.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger A. Mattson said...

I am not sure what you are writing about here. What is the connection between immigration after the Civil War and the media according to Starr?

You have raised a lot of issues, but it would help if you raised one point and developed it clearly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home